This weekend I was dealing with feelings I have never felt before. I was so upset over things that were happening in my personal life I lost my appetite, felt lethargic, and wanted to do nothing but stay in bed all day. That’s not me, at all. So I took action. On Sunday night after a 12 hour work day I decided to sit in Starbucks for a couple hours and do some writing. I wrote down my to-do lists, blog ideas, and then I wrote down a list of personal things that I wanted to be reminded of and work on. What I realized after I wrote this list is that it would be perfect to share with everyone. Some of them are geared specifically to me, but you never know, maybe someone else out there will need that reminder as well. Life is indeed a roller coaster…one minute you feel you have it all, and the next, you want to run from it all. That is why we need to be reminded of a few things every once in awhile.
1. Stay Calm. If you are frustrated, grab a pen and paper and write. Get it all out on paper and read it back later. But always stay calm.
2. Make plans, stay busy. Nothing is more attractive than an independent woman. Make plans with friends, keep in touch with people, get out of the house.
3. Eat healthy, and often. Refrain from being “HANGRY.”
4. Enjoy the Spring and having enough time off from work to enjoy the weather. Get fresh air and do things you wanted to complete. Make the patio a beautiful oasis, go running at the park, read and write outside.
5. Write. Whenever you get upset grab this pen and jot down everything.
6. Silence is beautiful. No one can make assumptions, judge what you say, and say you are crazy when you are silent.
7. Have a smart mouth. Don’t ramble. Think before you speak and this will avoid regret.
8. God can handle all. He is better at this thing called life than you. Take your problems to him, he won’t let you down.
9. Pray. Whenever you wanna say something you are unsure about, pray about it first. Take it to God.
10. Don’t feel pressured for time! You are 23 years old. You are so worried about getting things done before getting to old, life is going to pass you by. Enjoy right now. Enjoy all you have now.
11. Be understanding. Listen, learn, and understand where the other person is coming from. We all have different ideas and different pasts – making everyone have different feelings about things. Understand that.
12. Love deeply and deep breathe. Don’t hurt people you love.
13. Take advantage of your life in New York City! How lucky are you? You’ve dreamed about this your whole life.
14. Take a step back and realize all you have. Keep moving forward.
15. Stay present. Be considerate of your feelings.
16. Don’t be afraid to walk away from toxicity in your life. Don’t be afraid.
17. Love Yourself. Make a list of everything you love about yourself.
18. Refrain from saying too much or gossiping. Keep it within yourself.
19. If you feel stressed after work – don’t take it back to your house. Have time to unwind. Grab a tea, take a walk…a busy subway ride isn’t enough time to unwind.
20. Give thanks daily.
21. Find confidence within yourself. Don’t look for outside approval, you have it within you.
So those were my notes to myself. I recommend everyone make a list of reminders. Make a list and every morning meditate on it and make that day the best yet. Life is so precious, refrain from toxicity and enjoy every moment.